- Great Start Program
- Foundation Program
- Steps Program
- M.V. Acres Memorial Bursary
- Bringing Smart Play to Hockey
Acres Hockey Training and the Parksville Rotary Club are very pleased to announce the creation of the Michal Vincent Acres Memorial Bursary. The primary goal of this bursary is to provide an opportunity to local players with financial need and a strong desire to improve their game to participate in a week at Acres Hockey and Brain Navigators-Bringing Smart Play to Hockey Programs 2012.
Acres Hockey Program Director-Henry Acres brother, Michal Vincent Acres, passed away in a tragic house fire January 12, 1985. Henry has used the experience gained from being a survivor of this life-altering event as fuel for his own personal fire. Channelling his energy first into a successful hockey playing career and now into coaching youth and instilling not just a passion for hockey, but for life.
Guidelines and Criteria:
The Michal Vincent Acres Memorial Bursary will provide a min. of (3) three recipients the opportunity to attend the 2012 Acres Hockey-Bringing Smart Play to Hockey Program without paying the $250-$525 registration fee.
Michal Vincent Acres Memorial Bursary:
• Boys and girls between the ages of 5-14 years old are eligible.
• Applicants must have prior hockey experience.
• Awards based on financial need and passion for sport.
• $250-$525 award is to attend the 2012 Acres Hockey-Bringing Smart Play to Hockey Program free of charge.
• A min. of (3) Three awards will be available.
• Recipients names will not be published prior to or after the camp.
• Recipients will not be identified during the camp to other registrants.
Upon completion of the hockey school, recipients will be asked to compose a review of the hockey school and their experience which will be posted on the Acres Hockey website anonymously.
Each prospective hockey player who is eligible must write an essay detailing the following:
• Why it is important to "Play Smart Hockey"
• Why hockey is important to him/her
• What their future goals and dreams are
• What they will do with the knowledge gained at the hockey school
• Explain the need for financial assistance and how this award will influence the development of the nominee
All applications must be submitted by July 15, 2012.
Instructions to compete and submit application on-line with adobe PDF reader
1) open form, drag cursor near middle-bottom of form, in black you should see some options, click on the swiggly A, that reads "Show Adobe Reader toolbox" when cursor hovers over the swiggly A
2) at top right, you should now see "Sign" , please click on that.
3) you will be instructed to save the document to your desktop, please do that.
4) open document from saved-desktop location, enter your info, save again
5) attach the completed document and essay to an email message
6) send email to: email@example.com
7) Application is submitted. Thank-you!
For more information on the Michal Vincent Acres Memorial Bursary please use the contact us form or call 250-752-7771.
Thank you, Henry Acres